- Do not use electric kettle/ thermos to boil water and store hot water. Heat generating electrical appliances consume a lot of electricity. Get a good kettle with whistle, use gas to boil water and keep in vacuum flask.
- Get air conditioner with inverter instead of traditional air conditioner. Inverter air conditioners will be higher in price and installation fees. But you can save more in the long run.
- Do not on air conditioner all night long. Use timer function to automatic turn off during midnight.
- Unplug the electrical appliances that are not in use. Although the power is off, electricity will still be consumed if connected to sockets.
- Do not put your DVD player or TV on standby mode if you are not using them. Switch off instead.
- Use energy saving bulbs.
- Turn off lights and fans when you're not in the room.
- If you're using desktop, turn off whenever you're not using it.
I've tried the electricity saver that claims to save 20% of electricity. However, it does not really help to reduce my electricity bills after I've installed it for a few months. I feel that good habits and use of green electrical products are more effective in reducing electricity bills. By practising what I listed out above, I managed to save 15 ~ 20% from my electricity bill monthly.