The discount card will be distributed to students who fulfill the following criteria for FREE:
- Pursuing a long term course with duration of more than 1 year (certificate, diploma, degree and above);
- Full time course;
- Must be Malaysian
The students need not apply for the discount card as it will be distributed automatically through the university/college administration department. The discount card is valid as long as the student has not graduated from the university/college.
There's a long list of companies who give discount to students with Kad Diskaun Siswa 1Malaysia (KADS1M). You can view the complete list here.
Up to October, 927397 cards had been distributed. After receiving positive feedback, the ministry has considered extending this card to include Malaysian university students studying overseas as well as part-time university students to help students reduce their daily cost of living.
University students who have KADS1M can now participate in the Save & Win Bonanza organized by Bank Rakyat. The campaign ends on 30 November 2012.
To participate in the campaign, you need to fulfill below requirements:
- local public or private university student who holds KADS1M.
- deposit minimum RM100 into Bank Rakyat's Akaun Simpanan-i or open new Bank Rakyat's Akaun Simpanan-i with same minimum deposit amount.
- still pursuing studies in university at the time of lucky draw.
- not a family member of Bank Rakyat's staff.