On 8th December 2012, in conjunction with PM's visit to Penang, the official website of PR1MA is open for eligible Malaysians to register for their interest in the affordable homes.
Before you proceed to register, please check whether you are eligible for it:
- Applicants must be Malaysians, aged 21 years old and above.
- Applications open to individuals or families (husband & wife) with a monthly household income from RM 2500 to RM 7500.
- Applicants do not own more than 1 property.
- Additional guidelines set-forth by states' government.
To prevent abuse of affordable housing, PR1MA houses must be own occupied and cannot be rented. Also, A 10-year moratorium will be imposed, during which time the property cannot be sold or transferred to another party without prior approval from PR1MA.
These are the 7 steps of applying for PR1MA homes:
- Check for eligibility
- Register and get a unique PR1MA registration number
- Receive notification via email or SMS when PR1MA of your choice is launched. Submit application for balloting
- Applications will undergo verification and successful applications will be processed for balloting
- Verified applications will be selected via a fully audited balloting process
- Successful balloted numbers will be listed on PR1MA website. Successful balloters will be contacted via SMS and email. Proceed for housing loan application
- PR1MA will contact all successful balloters with details of allocation
Please register your interest through the official website http://www.pr1ma.my/ as there is another fake website around (www.pr1ma.net). Happy registering and hope you get the home of your choice.